Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I don't see no lettuce!

Man.

I really didn't think it was possible to make a taco salad less healthy than it inherently is, but our work cafeteria has found a way. Generally speaking, the work cafeteria taco salad is more like nachos on steroids - they don't use the little edible taco shell bowls; they use tortilla chips and pile on beef (or chicken, for the health nuts), lettuce, cheese, olives, peppers, onions, salsa, sometimes refried beans, and a huge dollop of sour cream. And I'm talking serious sour cream - they use an ice cream scoop to dish it out.

Today they ran out of tortilla chips, so instead they used (drumroll, please) Doritos. Seriously, there's an entire snack-size bag of Doritos in my "salad" right now. They mingle pretty nicely with the ice cream scoop-size mounds of sour cream and ground beef. I think I'll go have a heart attack now. Good thing I did some yoga this morning. Yeah, I'm sure 20 minutes of bending and stretching was more than enough to offset a Dorito-and-beef-based monstrosity of this magnitude.

Oh, and if you didn't get the title "I don't see no lettuce!" then feast your eyes and ears upon this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu3Ls4guf-s

No comments: